16 August 2007

Why not ORKUT

Its only very recently that I discovered Orkut and thought it to be wonderful media to meet people and share views. I maybe wrong but as i got along to using it for a few days, I realised that especially when you create a forum there and want it to grow, Orkut can be restrictive. For one, only Orkut members are allowed access to it. Secondly I could not create a link from my website to Orkut community thereby restricting all those who primarily visit Care IVF website from using this wonderful medium to share and communicate. Some of the initial things I write here maybe repititive, however I promise to keep the fire burning and posts coming.

2 comments:

KB said...

Hi doc...was going thru the site and saw ur views about Orkut...i have a point to make. which is, a lot of people might have reservations about sharing their fertility/infertility issues or queries on a site like Orkut which is at times far too public for our liking.
why dont u link ur blogspot to the CareIVF site instead? (unless it already is linked)
have a feeling u'll get many more inputs that way.just a thought...:-)

Dr Rajeev Agarwal said...

Thank you Ishani for your suggestion.I totally agree with you and that is why I started this blog instead of continuing the forum on Orkut. Infact some people told me that when they become members of the Orkut forum they feel they expose their problems to the whole Orkut community, something which is obviously unacceptable. Regarding the link to Care IVF website, have already forwarded the request to our web designer.